Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Olive Garden (Roanoke, VA)

When it comes to fine Italian food, this place is not on the top of my list. We decided to go to the Olive Garden with some friends, so I decided to break out my keen food senses. I had to remain unbiased, even though I truly think this place is over rated. The wait wasn't that bad, which was a shocker because this place is always busy. The salad and breadsticks were OK, but still the same bland taste you always get. The main course was a meal off the seasonal menu, the Carbonara Ravioli with Chicken. Stated on the menu as parmesan and pancetta-filled carbonara ravioli with pan-seared chicken in a creamy parmesan sauce. Looked good as you can see on the picture above, but yet again it was just OK. With fancy wording like that it should be pretty good not just OK! So like a typical Olive Garden experience it was just OK. Disappointing because I had hoped for a new light for this place, but really nothing has changed. Landing in at a dismal 4 on the devouring scale, this place should be a pass. I know many of you love the Olive Garden, but why? It is a sad excuse for Italian cuisine, and you can get better in the freezer section of the grocery store. So if you come here, just hit up the unlimited soup and salad. That is, by far, the best thing on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment