Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ben Ash Delicatessan ( 7th Ave., NYC)


Well friends as you can see I went many places in the big city, and this place is one I wish I could have a do over. Not in a good way, but to go back to the Carnegie Deli across the street. Being close to our hotel this place seemed to call to me the whole time I was in NY, it looked promising with all those nice pastries that could be seen in the windows. Well, the last evening there I decided to try it out. Big mistake from the get go! Lesson One: If you are in NYC and a restaurant is mostly empty, don't go there!
Lesson Two: When you look on the menu and see that french fries for a side is $6, then beware!
Lesson Three: When the waiter states only 5% of the people that eat there are New Yorkers, red flag!
I hope that everyone can learn from those lessons, and apply them to big city food endeavors. Pictured above is the Brisket of Beef, Pastrami & Corned Beef sandwich. Looks pretty and comes with a side of cole slaw, but sadly no. It was just OK, nothing great and lacking flavor. I mean when I pay $20.95 for a sandwich I should get $20.95 worth in a sandwich. If you look back to the Carnegie Deli write-up you will see a mountain of sandwich and I only paid $18.75. Now that was a sandwich, this was not! Literally ten bites and done. Service was OK, a little creepy because of the waiter. So looking back I would say this was a forgetable experience, and receiving a 2 on the devouring scale. Please learn from my mistake and go to the Carnegie, even if you have to wait it is worth it. This place should be ashamed for using the name delicatessan in New York City. So folks steer clear and no matter how good it looks, it isn't that good. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment