Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fire Island Bar and Grill (Myrtle Beach, SC)





Another place that we decided to try while at the beach is the Fire Island Bar and Grill. Located at Barefoot Landing in  Myrtle Beach, this place appeared to be interesting so why not give it a try? The decor is that of island theme from the entrance, to all around the restaurant. It was very cool to see a well done theme restaurant, because they are few and far in between. Decor aside, on to the meal. There were a lot of choices, but I decided on the Island Sirloin. This was a 10oz sirloin rubbed in island spices with seasonal veggies and whipped mashed potatoes. The taste was OK, but definitely not what I expected. The portions were not that of the $18.95 that I paid for this meal. Needless to say this is a very forgettable experience and I left hungry. So lets recap; decor good, food poor. On the devouring scale I would give it a 5, but I may not be going back. Prices are horrible for portion, and it just isn't worth it. So if you want a good place to eat, well you might want to try somewhere else.







No comments:

Post a Comment