Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ray’s World Famous Pizza (Seventh Avenue, New York City )

So in the event you decide to travel with the food maestro, you may have an opportunity to guest blog on here. So with no further waiting I give you Ms. Ruth Anne Potts and her view on Ray's Famous Pizza.




    They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but absence wasn’t necessary for my heart to grow fond of Ray’s World Famous Pizza! From the first slice of veggie pizza that I ate the Thursday we arrived in New York City, my taste buds began to tingle, and I knew I would be coming back for more. Little did I know I would be coming back for more on Friday…Saturday…and even Sunday morning for breakfast. After all, Ray’s World Famous Pizza is conveniently open 24 hours a day.

    As customers choose their slice of Ray’s World Famous Pizza, it is heated up in an oven for a few minutes, warming it to that just-right temperature and giving the thin crust a perfect level of crispiness while still maintaining a sweet chewiness. The fresh toppings on Ray’s World Famous pizzas add unique flavoring, with no two pizzas ever quite being the same. But the secret to Ray’s pizza, the reason why it had me coming back for me each and every day, lay in the spot-on tomato sauce. The Italian influences in NYC surely pay off in making this to-die-for sauce. And Ray’s isn’t frugal with its sauce…something I am forever grateful for! While Ray’s World Famous Pizza cost me between $6-9 for a slice of pizza and a Diet Coke (depending on the type of pizza I chose), I was completely content with the price. It’s a whole lot better than the $23 grilled cheese sandwich meal I pretty much threw away to get a slice at Ray’s!

    While you may read Rick’s review of Ray’s World Famous Pizza and believe it leaves much to be desired, please keep in mind that no taste buds are exactly alike. And while Rick gave Ray’s a 5 on the devouring scale, I must give it an overwhelming 10! I mean, look at the picture! I was always so eager to stuff my face that I never even remembered to pause for a moment to snap a shot for you!
So if you find yourself in New York City, do yourself a favor and stop by Ray’s World Famous Pizza on Seventh Avenue. Your taste buds will thank you, and you, my friend, will thank me!

By Ruth Anne Potts

Special thanks to Rick Horne for allowing me the opportunity to complete this guest food review on Contemplatively Consuming!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment