Saturday, July 23, 2011

Carnegie Deli (7th Ave, New York, NY)





Quite possibly the world's most famous deli, the Carnegie boasts pictures and autographs from many famous people and entertainers from around the world. This wasn't the reason for my stop though, I knew that NYC would have a great corn beef and pastrami sandwich somewhere and I could smell it two blocks away. Located on 7th Ave. you can't I mean CAN'T pass up this place. Slow roasted corn beef and pastrami on wheat bread piled high and held together with two chopsticks. Now that is what I call a sandwich, but they call it a "Woody Allen" (pictured right). I found out later that this was the medium size for this sandwich, there is a bigger one. I couldn't even finish that medium, what if.... The prices here are equivalent to what you get, and even though this sandwich cost $18.75, it was worth every penny. The service was good and slightly entertaining, and the overall experience was great. With all these great aspects, and eating in a great NYC staple this place gets a 10 on the devouring scale. So come one, come all to experience the wonder of some of the best corn beef and pastrami you will ever taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment