Friday, May 20, 2011

Sal's Italian Restaurant (Roanoke, VA)

 
So how to be nice at a place that I feel is very overrated? Don't! If you open a restaurant in a strip mall, Italian, and try to make it fancy...those things don't all add up. Sal's had me wondering, but then left me with a questionable look on my face once the bill came. Pictured above is the Steak and Cheese calzone with marinara. I know what you are thinking, how can you mess that up? Well the blandness of the entire thing can. I have had better calzones at Frank's pizza and  Mac and Bob's, they OWN in comparison. The price on this thing was a little steep also, even though the picture makes it look big it is not portioned to price. The only saving grace was the canoli (not pictured), it was just what a good canoli should be. Well then where does this leave Sal's on the devouring scale? That would be a big 4! If you wanna be so fancy then step up you food game. Till never again, unless forced by some meeting or friend gathering I bid you goodbye!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment