Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peking Restaurant (Williamsburg, VA)

  Authentic Chinese cuisine can be a dime a dozen in
most places, but finding that gem in the rough can be a daunting task. Many place have usually one thing that they are good for, when I go to a new Chinese restaurant I try to find that staple dish and compare it to some of the other great experiences and food I've eaten. So when searching the vast amounts of travel brochures, I came upon the Peking Restaurant which was ranked best in Williamsburg 19 years running. So with that reputation I just had to try this place out. Located near the K-mart off Bypass Rd., it can be tricky to get to so check your maps.  Needless to say I was not disappointed, there was a wide selection and variety. Everything from Mongolian BBQ (pictured first), all the way to General Tso's. You just couldn't go wrong here. I mean when you find McDonald's chicken nuggets on a all-you-can-eat buffet, then what else could be better. The food all tasted great and similar to my favorite Chinese restaurant in Roanoke, and that is saying a lot in my book. The service was very nice and attentive, and the decor was tasteful. On the devouring scale this would rank an 8, but I'm sure if I would have come during dinner it would have been a 9. There is no wonder this place was busy and has been the best for 19 years running. So let me read your fortune cookie to you....you will come and visit, and enjoy a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment